Hiya and Welcome

Photos, recipes, and what goes on!

~Western Belle

Monday, January 23, 2012

4 Food Experiments

Whole Wheat Honey Bread

I find a lot of recipes online for Home Economics Class that I do with Mom. One of Mom's favorite recipes is a whole wheat honey bread.

Preheat Oven to 350 and check recipe for details.

I did change a few things with making this bread. Instead of doing 3 1/2 cups of whole wheat and 5 cups of bread flour, I did half and half of white and whole wheat flour.

I add all the whole wheat (4 cups or so), 1/3 cup of honey, 1 1/2-3/4 tablespoon yeast and 3 cups of warm water and set to proof. Then I add then I add 1 TBSP salt, 2 tablespoon of melted butter and 1/3 cup of honey as well as much white flour as is needed to not stick very much to the Bosch anymore.

Set to rise in a greased bowl till doubled and then bake in two greased bread pans for in between 25-30 minutes.


I also made Whole Wheat French bread. I don't like this recipe as much as far as the taste of the bread but I am not a big bread eater either.

I basically did this bread like the last one. Instead of more white flour I do half and half and proof somewhat like the recipe above. I won't go into details with this recipe.


The recipe explains better how to make these then I can so I just linked the web address. Basically, my only advice is only having a huge party DON'T DOUBLE THE RECIPE. Mom and I did and had an abundance of sour cream twists.

And lastly, I tried making Vanity Cakes. I can't tell if I failed or just that I am not extremely found of them but anyhow I made them!


The boys liked them and I thought that they were okay. Anyways, they were an interesting, different recipe to try.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Deary! I am so excited you are trying thinks like this. :) Good for you! It all sounds yummy!

    HAHAHA... I should have warned you guys not to double the sour cream twist recipe. It does make a TON. I hope you liked them! I know I did.

    Love the blog redo. It's very "you."

    Miss you toooooooons!!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete