Hiya and Welcome

Photos, recipes, and what goes on!

~Western Belle

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Pretty Good Day!

Did school this morning and messed around a bit, then we took a ride on Spirit. She is still doing well with her feet, though she stumbles every now and then on gravel.

As I was ready before mom, we went out and exercised and did a couple of warm ups :). I tried to get her to step side-ways, but I cannot tell if she truly did. But I know she can. We also did a tiny gallop up one of our hills. I need to practice loading her next time we go for a ride :).

After Mom came out, went pretty good. First we met a gelding or stallion on the road and then we took a little gallop, which ended in an over excited Spirit trying a little crowhop and little out of control turning around. After that we took our normal three mile ride and only ended up slipping a couple of times on ice! YAY!!!!!

On the way we met the school bus and I learned that Spirit does not appreciate the hissing as it stops and opens its doors.

All and all it was a pretty good ride.

When we got home we had to take care of the neighbor's horses again. I like Radar SOOOOO much better then Champ. I really should take a camera and take a couple of pics of them.

Anyways have a good week!

~Western Belle

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a fun/interesting ride! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOPPPSSS. I forgot to take pics of Champ and Radar..... HEHE

    ReplyDelete